Specialised Logistics Australia – The Answer To All Your Distribution and Logistics Needs
Successful distribution and logistics management is a critical part of the success of your business or company. A well-managed distribution and logistics chain can result in lower costs and higher efficiency as you move your goods around Australia and the world. Unless you’re in possession of your own storage centre, having a key centralised distribution centre in Brisbane can be a costly business that can severely eat into profit margins.
If you are looking to rent a warehouse in Brisbane, you can expect to pay somewhere between $95 and $125 per square metre. And when you add the costs of staff wages and utilities, renting a warehouse suddenly becomes quite an expensive undertaking. For many importers, local manufacturers, and even interstate freight companies, warehouse hire simply isn’t a viable option.
But in today’s business environment where the focus is on efficiency and working smarter, you no longer have to rent an entire warehouse to house your goods. Indeed, your company can outsource their distribution and logistics operation, which is where Specialised Logistics Australia (SLA) come in.
The speed and efficiency of your supply chain is critical to saving money and ensuring timely distribution. This is where cross-docking comes in. Cross-docking is an intelligent logistics method where goods come in through an inbound dock and are then quickly unloaded, sorted, and repackaged (if necessary) to be sent straight out on another waiting load. The name comes from the explanatory process whereby products are received and transferred across the dock to an outbound transport dock and waiting truck. This process can give companies a competitive advantage and also means:
- You aren’t paying for holding time for stock, thereby saving money on storing goods
- A smaller load can be put onto a truck sharing other loads. This process is also known as consolidation arrangements
- You have a central distribution centre in Brisbane for sorting your products and combining similar items, which can be delivered to multiple destinations in the most productive way
- You can break down a large load into smaller loads which also means easier delivery and unloading at the end of the line for your customer
Centrally located at Carole Park, we provide our customers the means to enhance their competitiveness in Queensland.
At Specialised Logistics, we partner with trusted distribution carriers who can distribute goods effectively to places such as the Gold Coast, the Sunshine Coast and far North Queensland. In addition, our interstate partners carry our freight further afield to places such as New South Wales, Victoria, South Australia, Tasmania, The Northern Territory and Western Australia. Wherever your goods need to go in Australia, we can help you get there. Our trusted interstate and national logistics carriers are committed to providing exceptional service and are responsible and dedicated to their commercial obligations.
- Our partners have a high reputation for quality and timely service
- All partners are exceptionally well-experienced in transportation and distribution of all categories of freight
Our Complimentary Services
We are your logistics and distribution specialists in Brisbane. In addition to our distribution and logistics services, we also offer a range of additional solutions to ensure the efficacy of your supply chain.
- Warehousing – for when you need to rent space in a warehouse or to store goods at a price that makes sense
- Warehouse storage – several thousand racked and/or block stacked pallet positions available, with a fully manned and patrolled warehouse security personnel
- Commercial storage – peace of mind storage for our commercial customers with a high level of stock turnover
- Container unloading – committed, skilled and experienced handlers who offer careful and efficient loading and unloading
- Supply chain management – tighten up your distribution chain with our supply chain management services
- CROWS – Container Roll Out Warehousing System is a way to ensure faster and more efficient logistics. Rapidly reduced load time, and optimised container space
- Track and Trace – don’t be in the dark for a moment, always know exactly what stage freight is at with Specialised Logistics’ track and trace
A Word About Our Trucks
As a business, we own and operate ten trucks in the Brisbane region, which average around 2.5 distribution runs per day. Effectively this means we can service up to 25 distribution runs a day to meet our customers’ needs. Ultimately, it is this, along with our speedy service and greater distribution networks, that allows you to meet the ever increasing demands of your suppliers, at a cost you can afford.